Monday, July 31, 2006

So we were learning about transportation today in class, and just as in every class, I really started thinking about the whole idea of transportation. This, of course, is a very new idea for people around the world. Can you believe that people once lived in a world with no cars, and then can you believe that it was once only normal for a family to have one car, just like they had one TV. Now everybody has cars. I know that in my family of five there is a car for each person plus a motorcycle. Cars are such a convienence, I know that if I didn't have my car, I would definantly have to make some changes in my life. I also think that there are way too many cars, and I sometimes wish that I didn't have a car. The problem is like this, we have this luxury, which is awesome and super convienent, but now that we have gotten used to this luxury, it will be very hard to get rid of it, and this luxury is starting to become a nuisance.
Sometimes I have thoughts of planning a town where no cars are allowed. A place where sidewalks are the arteries and buildings are close together, and you would be able to walk or ride a bike as you please, without having to deal with horns and loud engines or polluting exhausts. Yes, this town would be perfect. It is so easy to get a driver's license in the US. maybe rules should be stricter, so people actually know how to drive before they get their license. And maybe cars should become cleaner, quieter, and smaller, thus making less congestion and less pollution and they would take up less space, and things wouldn't have to be planned and designed around the automobile. Then maybe we could stop depending on fuel and stop wasting our money in the middle east. That is another conversation though, I am just thinking about a world that isn't one big slab of ashpalt.

1 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home