Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So to wrap up my posting for this session, I think I am just going to give the class a review and reflect upon what has been going on in my head during this class. When I signed up for this class, I really had no clue what it was going to be like. I had some type of a knowledge for planning, but I really didn't know how to express it, because I really had no idea about it. I just knew random and general things. I have enjoyed this class. I liked being able to come to class, and learn something that I didn't know each day. But the things that I learned, weren't very hard concepts to grasp because as it has been stated, planning is some what of a common sense subject.
It was common sense, but I felt that this class made me look deeper into things, think about the infrastructure of Boone as a town, and how it works. Just how there are so many twists and turns in the process of building a structure and the point the lies within those colorful signs around town with the large "Z" on them. This class has been an exploration in understanding the many problems that planners face, and how we should go about solving them. There always seem to be one problem after the other, so a planner's work can never be fully completed, and that is perfectly OK. Everyone understands that we cannot live in a perfect world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home